- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Lipscomb turns way Stetson 83-76
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Josh Williams scored 23 points and grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds as Lipscomb held off Stetson 83-76 on Saturday.
Williams scored 16 after half as Lipscomb (15-14, 10-8 Atlantic Sun Conference) overcame a 38-36 halftime deficit to hold a slim lead for most of the second half.
Raymone Andrews and Hunter Miller hit 3-pointers on consecutive possessions to bring Stetson (7-23, 5-13) within 73-72, but Martin Smith answered with a 3 before Williams hit two free throws to open a 78-72 lead with 3:49 left.
Willie Green’s dunk cut the lead to 79-76 with 35 seconds remaining. But Lipscomb held on as Martin Smith made 4 of 4 free throws over the final 25 seconds and Stetson missed two late 3-pointers.
Martin Smith scored 20 and Malcolm Smith 18 for Lipscomb.
Miller led Stetson with 17 points and Green added 15. Kentwan Smith and B.J. Glasford scored 11 apiece.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world