- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Martin St. Louis, Lightning top Stars 4-2
Question of the Day
Salo extended Tampa Bay’s lead to 4-2. He took a pass off a faceoff in the neutral zone, skated in to the high slot and sent a slap shot into the top of the net.
“I think we kind of burst their bubble when we got that fourth one,” Cooper said.
NOTES: Before Thursday, St. Louis hadn’t scored since a four-goal game Jan. 18. He has scored 29 times, with multiple goals in seven games. He has a five-game point streak (four goals, three assists, seven points). … Palat has at least a point in four consecutive games. … Dallas had outscored its previous 10 opponents 31-13. … The Lightning have a 5-0-2 record in the past seven games against the Stars. The teams hadn’t met in more than 2 years, since Tampa Bay’s 2-1 victory Jan. 20, 2012, in Dallas. … A puck sent into the Stars‘ bench hit Ruff in the head, cutting him between his eyebrows. “I’ve been hit harder. I have a small cut and a little headache,” he said … The Stars are 1-5-3 this season in games when they’ve had 40 or more shots on goal. . Dallas defenseman Brenden Dillon was inactive because of a lower-body injury.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq