- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Miami Norland wins boys 6-A title
Question of the Day
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Tyrell Williams had 11 points, 16 rebounds and five blocks as Miami Norland pulled away late to defeat Lake Minneola, 60-44, in the Florida Class 6A boys state championship game on Saturday.
It was the third consecutive championship for Norland (31-5) and the Vikings needed a 25-point fourth period to close out a close game.
Norland led 35-34 going into the final stanza and both teams traded baskets for half of the period until the Vikings went on a 14-2 run in the final 2:26 to close the game out.
With the score 52-44 and less than a minute left, Lake Minneola (33-3) had to go for rushed three-point shots that led to transition dunks by Williams and Zachary Johnson that put the game out of reach.
Johnson led Norland with 19 points and nine rebounds. Avery Brown scored 16 points to pace Lake Minneola.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq