- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
Oakland’s second half buries Youngstown St. 87-81
Question of the Day
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) - Travis Bader scored 33 points and Corey Petros added 23 with 13 rebounds as Oakland put down Youngstown State 87-81 on Saturday.
Bader broke the NCAA Division I career 3-point record last Sunday and went 6 for 13 in this game.
In a high scoring first half in which both teams shot over 56 percent, Youngstown State (15-16, 6-10) led The Golden Grizzlies 45-43 at the break.
The pace slowed with the start of the second period but Bader’s jumper at 12:51 put Oakland (12-19, 7-9) up 54-53. Bader continued his 3-point assault as Oakland bumped the lead to 10 points with 3 minutes to play and rode it into the buzzer.
Oakland’s Kendrick Perry scored 20 points before the break, but was held to 10 in the second half.
The two teams will pair off again on Tuesday (at Oakland) in the first round of the Horizon Conference tournament.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq