- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Plains races past Kerens 57-44
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Plains guard Daitlyne Broome scored six of her 10 points in the final 5:26 of the fourth quarter to lead the Cowgirls to their first state basketball title with a 57-44 win over Kerens.
With the Class 1A Division 1 game tied at 39, Broome drained four free throws and scored on a fast break layup as Plains (30-3) took a 45-39 lead.
Plains extended its lead as Riley Earnest scored six of her game-high 17 points and Madison Davis added a bucket during an 18-3 run.
Plains trailed toward the end of the third quarter but Sienna Sosa sank three free throws to give the Cowgirls a 37-35 lead they never surrendered.
Sosa finished with 13 points while Tori Reyes had 13 rebounds for Plains. Taylor Ames led Kerens (29-5) with 11 points.
By Lucja Swiatkowski Cannon
Moscow won't help investigators of aviation disasters over its territory
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq