- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
UNC Asheville surges past Gardner-Webb 83-71
Question of the Day
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Jaron Lane finished with 24 points and eight rebounds, and D.J. Cunningham added 11 points with 14 boards and eight blocks to help UNC Asheville defeat Gardner-Webb 83-71 on Saturday.
UNC Asheville (16-14, 10-6 Big South) shot 49.2 percent from the field and went 9 of 18 from the perimeter. David Robertson finished with 15 points and Andrew Rowsey had 11 with five assists.
Gardner-Webb (17-14, 10-6) was held to 25-of-67 shooting (37.3 percent) and got outrebounded 43-35. Tyler Strange scored 16 points and Naji Hibbert chipped in 15.
UNC Asheville led by one at halftime, but surged ahead with a 16-2 run sparked by a Lane 3-pointer and a Robertson three-point play to lead 62-47 at the midway mark in the second half.
The win puts UNC Asheville in a three-way tie with Gardner-Webb and Winthrop for second place in the South Division of the Big South Conference.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq