- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Dawkins, Fredrick lead new SC athletic hall class
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Former NFL defensive back Brian Dawkins, ex South Carolina shooting guard Zam Fredrick and Olympic gold medalist Monique Hennagan head up newest class of eight selected for the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame.
Dawkins started three years at Clemson before playing 16 seasons with Philadelphia and Denver.
Fredrick led the country with an average of 28.9 points a game in 1980-81.
Hennagan won gold with the 1,600-meter U.S. relay team in Sydney in 2000 and in Athens four years later.
Others named to the class announced Monday include ex-South Carolina State offensive lineman Edwin Bailey, former South Carolina pitcher Randy Martz, ex-Newberry basketball player Carl Short, former Clemson quarterback Rodney Williams and state golf leader and organizer Happ Lathrop.
Induction ceremonies take place May 12.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq