- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
News briefs from around Kentucky at 1:58 a.m. EDT
Monday, March 10, 2014
Question of the Day
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Authorities say a pedestrian was struck by a van and killed in a Louisville neighborhood.
WAVE-TV (http://bit.ly/1i1EAM7) reports 40-year-old Felecia Burton of Lexington was struck by a van around 4:30 a.m. on Sunday in Okolona. Her friends told police that they had just left a bar and that Burton staggered into the roadway before being hit. Officials say alcohol may have been a factor.
Burton was pronounced dead at the scene from blunt force trauma.
Authorities say they don’t expect any charges to be filed against the van’s driver, who has not been identified.
Louisville Police Department spokeswoman Carey Klain said the area was dark and that the driver of the van could not see the woman.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Authorities say a man who was shot during a domestic dispute at a Louisville home has died and his girlfriend has been charged with killing him.
According to WHAS-TV (http://bit.ly/1iobrt3), the Jefferson County coroner said 29-year-old Ollie Davis died from a gunshot wound to the upper abdomen he sustained on Feb. 26.
Davis’ girlfriend, 33-year-old Candra McWhorter, was arrested last week and charged with assault. Authorities say she is now charged with murder.
Officers said the two were arguing when McWhorter grabbed a gun and shot Davis. Davis was critically wounded and was taken to University Hospital where he later died.
McWhorter was to be arraigned on Monday.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world