- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Korver, Millsap lead Hawks past Jazz
Question of the Day
Millsap said there were times were he almost felt like he wasn’t playing on the road
“I played in this gym for seven years. I felt real comfortable,” he said after helping the Hawks end a 10-game road losing streak.
Most of the Atlanta starting lineup spent significant time playing for the Jazz. DeMarre Carroll (2011-13), Korver (2007-10) and Millsap (2006-13) all received warm applause when they were introduced before the game.
“It was like a reunion, a family reunion. I saw a lot of familiar faces,” Millsap said.
But familiarity didn’t make it a cakewalk.
“I was a part of so many games when the Jazz were down at halftime, just like tonight, and then came roaring back. The crowd gets behind them,” Korver said.
Jeff Teague had 14 points and the Hawks used a late 16-4 run to salvage a win at the end of a gloomy six-game road trip.
The Jazz led 96-93 after Trey Burke’s 3-pointer, but Korver started an 8-0 run with a 3-pointer and then a contested jumper to beat the shot clock.
Trailing 109-100 with 26 seconds left, the Jazz made it interesting with 10 points in the last 16 seconds.
“In the second half, we made a significant change but it was a little too late and they made some big shots down the stretch,” said Burke, who scored 21 of his 23 points in the second half.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors