- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Prescription drug users prey on open houses
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego authorities and local real estate agents say prescription drug abusers are preying on open houses and raiding medicine cabinets to feed their addictions.
Law enforcement, a local Realtor association and drug rehabilitation experts announced Tuesday that they have teamed up to launch public service ads on local TV and radio stations to raise awareness about prescription drug abuse and the ways addicts obtain the drugs, including by going to open houses.
The Greater San Diego Association of Realtors plans to provide its 12,000 members plastic bags to collect the prescription drugs at homes.
Officials do not track the cases stemming from open houses but District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis said prescription drug cases have risen nearly 85 percent over the past five years in the county.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world