- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Wide receiver Andre Roberts nearing deal with Redskins
Question of the Day
Andre Roberts, a slot receiver who spent his first four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, is set to join the Washington Redskins when the new league year begins Tuesday afternoon, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Roberts, 26, caught 43 passes for 471 yards and two touchdowns in 2013, one year after he caught 64 passes for 759 yards and five touchdowns. He also served as a return specialist during parts of his first three seasons with the Cardinals, but was not asked to return kickoffs or punts in 2013.
The contract between Roberts and the Redskins cannot be finalized until Tuesday at 4 p.m., which marks the start of free agency. Washington was projected to enter the period approximately $18 million under the salary cap.
Roberts, a third-round draft pick out of The Citadel in 2010, will presumably replace Santana Moss as the Redskins‘ slot receiver. Moss, 34, one of the team’s all-time leading receivers, is also set to become a free agent on Tuesday and the Redskins have given no indication he will be brought back.
The Washington Post was the first to report Roberts‘ impending signing on Tuesday morning.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Trent Williams kicked in shin, will be fine
- Robert Griffin III teases return of zone-read option for Redskins
- Pierre Garcon still day-to-day with hamstring strain
- Leonard Hankerson awaiting return from knee surgery
- GETTING PHYSICAL: Putting on the pads sets tone for day of hitting at Redskins practice
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world