- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Red Bulls coach signs new deal
Question of the Day
HARRISON, NJ (AP) - The New York Red Bulls signed head coach Mike Petke to a new contract Wednesday.
In his first year in charge of the team, Petke was a MLS Coach of the Year finalist and guided the Red Bulls to a league-best 59 points with a 17-9-8 record. A former MLS player, Petke spent two seasons as an assistant coach on New York’s staff. He also played for New York from 1998-2002 and 2009-10 and holds the club record for games played with 169 (196 in all competitions), games started (158 regular season) and minutes played (14,060 regular season).
Petke, who grew up on Long Island, says he is “pleased to reach a new deal with my hometown club. We have enjoyed success during my short time as head coach and all of the credit goes to our players, staff and most importantly, our supporters. While winning the Supporters’ Shield was a major achievement for our club last year, my overall goal of building a team with a long-term identity that our fans can be proud of remains unchanged.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world