- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
John Wall fined by NBA for complaints toward officials
Question of the Day
NEW YORK — Washington Wizards guard John Wall was fined $15,000 by the NBA on Thursday for inappropriate comments toward game officials.
Wall made the remarks on the court after the Wizards' 98-85 home loss to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night.
Wall had plenty to say about the officiating. He was particularly upset that was called for fouling Kemba Walker during Walker's 3-point attempt in the fourth quarter.
"I ain't touch him. All he did is scream," Wall said. "Ref gave him a call all night because he was screaming. ... I think they made some unfortunate calls plenty of times."
Wall also said: "Plenty of times I drove to the basket. I think I should have been to the line plenty more."
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq