- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Aldridge ruled out, Evans and Gordon return
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Portland All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge was ruled out of the Trail Blazers’ game Friday night against the New Orleans Pelicans because of a back contusion.
The forward/center played only 21 minutes and scored 14 points Wednesday night in a 103-90 loss at San Antonio. He leads the Trail Blazers in scoring at 23.4 points a game and rebounding at 11.1.
Portland coach Terry Stotts said Dorell Wright would start in place of Aldridge.
Joel Freeland (right knee sprain) and Mo Williams (right hip strain) also are out.
For New Orleans, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon will return to the lineup after missing the Pelicans’ game Wednesday night against Memphis because of illness.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world