- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Clark Co beats Marshall Co 45-37 in KHSAA quarters
Question of the Day
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - Sandra Skinner had 15 points as Clark County used a second half surge to defeat Marshall County 45-37 on Friday in the quarterfinals of the KHSAA Girls’ Sweet 16.
The Region 10 champion Lady Cardinals (27-7) went on a 14-2 run in the second half and forced three Lady Marshal turnovers in the final two minutes to reach a semifinal matchup with Elizabethtown-Anderson County Saturday in Diddle Arena.
Clark County shot 53.6 percent from the field, while holding the Region 1 champion Lady Marshals to a 32.6 percent shooting clip.
Skinner also had 12 rebounds and two steals while Sydney Anderson scored 11 points with two rebounds and a steal.
Michaela Manley had 12 points and four rebounds for Marshall County (31-6). Alyssa Barnard registered nine points and a steal for the Lady Marshals.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq