- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Education company to locate campus in Alcoa
Question of the Day
ALCOA, Tenn. (AP) - Education technology company K12 says it will locate its Family Support Campus in Alcoa, which will bring 300 jobs to the area.
The Daily Times (http://bit.ly/1iJM9dk) reports the Virginia-based K12, which provides online virtual education, announced on Thursday that it would locate the facility the Tyson Centre Building.
Murray said operations at the campus should begin in June. He said about 150 employees would be hired in 2014, and another 150 are expected to be hired next year.
“Blount County’s skilled workforce and the way its citizens have put a premium on quality education at all levels are two key reasons why we chose to invest and locate here in Tennessee,” Murray said. “Its one-stop-shop community development agency helped streamline the entire process enabling us to move forward quickly and efficiently. We are eager to begin hiring and training an excellent team who will help parents and children in Tennessee and across the country prepare for the 2014-2015 school year.”
Blount County Mayor Ed Mitchell said he was impressed with the company’s plans.
“When they started talking about their mission, and what their goals were, and what they wanted to do, and what they planned to do, and what they were all about - just their core values - I felt like we’re a great fit,” Mitchell said. “That idea that you’re here to serve and to make lives better, that’s the way we all feel.”
Information from: The Daily Times, http://www.thedailytimes.com
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq