- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reid’s ‘untruths’ creating Democratic sheep
Question of the Day
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s recent assertion that criticisms of Obamacare are “all lies” is not morally wrong simply because it was scandalous, but rather because it will be accepted as truth by many Democrats (“Reid backs off on Obamacare horror stories claim,” Web, Feb. 26).
Let’s pause a moment to consider the implications of that.
It means the leadership of the Democratic Party is fully aware that many of their members are sufficiently ignorant of current events to accept as truth Mr. Reid’s deliberate untruths.
I think that’s cruel because it deprives these members of their right to know the truth and think for themselves. Sadly, it also reduces thinking Democrats to just part of an uninformed herd waiting for directions from their leaders.
Perhaps there is a sense of security in being a compliant member of a big group. It certainly works for ants.
The question to ask is, if your leadership is accomplished in lying to those who know less than you, what keeps them from lying to you, too?
Cape Coral, Fla.
About the Author
- 'Standing by Israel' special report
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ventura's court win is really a loss
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ukraine is not so easily understood
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reagan didn't deregulate airlines
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Don't fund irrelevant 'highway' projects
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy