- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reid’s ‘untruths’ creating Democratic sheep
Question of the Day
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s recent assertion that criticisms of Obamacare are “all lies” is not morally wrong simply because it was scandalous, but rather because it will be accepted as truth by many Democrats (“Reid backs off on Obamacare horror stories claim,” Web, Feb. 26).
Let’s pause a moment to consider the implications of that.
It means the leadership of the Democratic Party is fully aware that many of their members are sufficiently ignorant of current events to accept as truth Mr. Reid’s deliberate untruths.
I think that’s cruel because it deprives these members of their right to know the truth and think for themselves. Sadly, it also reduces thinking Democrats to just part of an uninformed herd waiting for directions from their leaders.
Perhaps there is a sense of security in being a compliant member of a big group. It certainly works for ants.
The question to ask is, if your leadership is accomplished in lying to those who know less than you, what keeps them from lying to you, too?
Cape Coral, Fla.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Trump-Carson a 2016 dream ticket
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama fundraises as the world burns
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No U.S. support for Christian peril
- EDITORIAL: Gun-shy Obama
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report