- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Louisiana Tech advances past Southern Miss 88-70
Question of the Day
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - Alex Hamilton scored 18 points as Louisiana Tech eliminated Southern Miss 88-70 in a Conference USA semifinal game on Friday.
The Bulldogs will face Tulsa (20-12), which defeated Middle Tennessee 76-69, in the final on Saturday.
Louisiana Tech (27-6) trailed by one after Michael Craig's dunk at 3:37 in the first gave Southern Miss (27-5) a 21-20 lead. But the Bulldogs went on a 12-5 run to close the half, including 3-pointers by Hamilton and Kenyon McNeail, to lead 32-26 at the break.
Hamilton drilled back-to-back 3-pointers to start the second as the Bulldogs used a 19-7 run to open a 51-33 lead. Southern Miss head coach Donnie Tyndall called timeout and his team scored the next nine points, but La Tech turned it around and ran off 10 straight points to keep the Golden Eagles at bay.
Five Bulldogs scored in double figures; Craig led Southern Miss with 19.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors