- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Texas Southern tops Alabama St. in SWAC semi 73-61
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - Aaric Murray scored 16 points - all but one after halftime - D.D. Scarver added 14 and Madarious Gibbs 12 as second-seeded Texas Southern bolted to an early lead and defeated the No. 3 seed Alabama State 73-61 in a Southwest Conference tournament semifinal on Friday.
The Tigers (18-14), winners of eight in a row, advance to Saturday’s title game.
After gaining the lead for good just six minutes in, Texas Southern survived 18 turnovers, and nine Alabama State steals to lead comfortably throughout, shooting 50 percent. Scarver, a freshman who didn’t play until February, scored 11 after halftime with eight rebounds. Gibbs scored 10 in the second half with seven assists.
Jamel Waters led the Hornets (19-12) with 21 points.
The Tigers scored 11 of 14 at the line in the last 3 minutes, Murray sinking 7 of 8 in that span.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world