- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Tomko, Troncoso agree deals with Royals
Question of the Day
Tomko has pitched only 17 2-3 innings in the majors since 2009, making eight relief appearances in 2011 with Texas. He was 4-8 with a 4.98 ERA in 19 starts last year with York in the independent Atlantic League.
Tomko is 100-103 with a 4.65 ERA over 14 major league seasons with Cincinnati (1997-99), Seattle (2000-01), San Diego (2002, 2007, 2008), St. Louis (2003), San Francisco (2004-05), the Los Angeles Dodgers (2006-07), Kansas City (2008), the New York Yankees (2009), Oakland (2009) and Texas (2011).
He was 2-7 with a 6.97 ERA in 10 starts and six relief appearances for the 2008 Royals.
Tomko’s deal was announced Friday, when Kansas City also said it had agreed to a minor league contract with right-hander Ramon Troncoso. The 31-year-old was 1-4 with a 4.50 ERA in 29 games last year with the Chicago White Sox. He played for the Los Angeles Dodgers from 2008-11.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world