- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Edmondson edges Allegany for state title
Question of the Day
COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) - Josh Garrett scored a game-high 15 points as Edmondson defeated Allegany, 54-51, in the Class 1A state championship game Saturday afternoon.
Garrett scored seven of his points in the third quarter as Edmondson (19-5) took command. The Red Storm had a 26-25 halftime lead, but it never trailed in the second half en route to a second straight state title.
Edmondson won the Class 2A state title last year. This was Allegany’s first state title appearance in eight years.
The Red Storm took charge in the second half, both stretching the lead and holding possession for long stretches. Edmondson pushed the lead to 50-39 late in the fourth quarter before Allegany (24-2) rallied.
Trenton Eirich led the Campers with 14 points in the loss. Allegany had won 20 consecutive games before this loss.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world