- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Myers Park women top SE Raleigh 61-46 in 4-A final
Question of the Day
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Rydeiah Rogers had 25 points and 20 rebounds to help Charlotte Myers Park beat Southeast Raleigh 61-46 on Saturday in the Class 4-A North Carolina High School Athletic Association women’s championship game.
Rogers was named the game’s most valuable player for the Mustangs (30-1), who won the title in their first appearance in a state final. She also had four blocked shots and three steals in 30 minutes.
Myers Park shot 40 percent and dominated the glass 55-26, including 22 offensive rebounds that led to 25 second-chance points.
The Mustangs led 16-4 after the first quarter and led by as many as 20.
Tiffany McCarter scored 18 points for the Bulldogs (26-3), who were in their first state final since winning a title in 1999. Southeast Raleigh shot 30 percent for the game, including just 8 of 30 (27 percent) in the opening half.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world