- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Richmond mayor elected Democratic chairman
Question of the Day
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/1fZt2tI ) reports that the former state delegate was elected on an overwhelming voice vote by the party’s 300-member central committee Saturday.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s selection of Jones initially drew some opposition within the party because Jones has been opposed to same-sex marriage. Jones met with Democratic gay activists earlier in the week and persuaded them to drop their opposition by vowing to keep an open mind. In a statement issued after the meeting, Jones said his position on the issue has changed over the years and continues to evolve.
Jones said Saturday that he believes in social justice, but he did not clarify his position on same-sex marriage.
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.timesdispatch.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world