- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Campers rescued from flooded Ala. creek
Question of the Day
PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) - A group of campers who were stranded in the Pine Creek during heavy rainfall have been rescued.
Prattville Fire Department Capt. Mike Rogers tells the Montgomery Advertiser (http://on.mgmadv.com/1cNrFxL ) that a group of five adults and seven children were rescued within about 15 minutes Sunday by a crew that used a rubber boat. No injuries were reported.
Authorities say the group had been camping nearby and heavy rain flooded area around the high ground the group had gathered on.
Autauga County Emergency Management Agency Director Ernie Baggett called the incident a classic example of flash flooding and encourages campers to always check weather forecasts if they plan on camping near waterways.
Prattville is northwest of Montgomery.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world