- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Gonzaga to open tournament with Oklahoma State
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Gonzaga is headed to the NCAA tournament. Again.
The perennial mid-major standout is making its 16th straight tournament appearance. This season the Bulldogs (28-6) visit San Diego to face Oklahoma State (21-12) on Friday.
The eighth-seeded Zags have advanced to the tournament’s round of 16 five times, and they’ve made it to the Elite Eight once. But they’ve never been to the Final Four.
Gonzaga defeated BYU 75-64 to win the West Coast Conference tournament.
Ninth-seeded Oklahoma State, which won national championships in 1945 and 1946, is making its 26th overall tournament appearance and second in a row as an at-large selection.
The Cowboys have bounced back since losing star guard Marcus Smart to a three-game suspension for shoving a fan at Texas Tech. Oklahoma State lost 77-70 in overtime to No. 10 Kansas in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq