- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Gonzaga to open tournament with Oklahoma State
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Gonzaga is headed to the NCAA tournament. Again.
The perennial mid-major standout is making its 16th straight tournament appearance. This season the Bulldogs (28-6) visit San Diego to face Oklahoma State (21-12) on Friday.
The eighth-seeded Zags have advanced to the tournament’s round of 16 five times, and they’ve made it to the Elite Eight once. But they’ve never been to the Final Four.
Gonzaga defeated BYU 75-64 to win the West Coast Conference tournament.
Ninth-seeded Oklahoma State, which won national championships in 1945 and 1946, is making its 26th overall tournament appearance and second in a row as an at-large selection.
The Cowboys have bounced back since losing star guard Marcus Smart to a three-game suspension for shoving a fan at Texas Tech. Oklahoma State lost 77-70 in overtime to No. 10 Kansas in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tournament.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world