- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
5 things to know for Monday in Pennsylvania
Question of the Day
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Monday:
PARTS OF PENNSYLVANIA GREEN AND WHITE
The National Weather Service was reporting light snow in several southern Pennsylvania counties, adding white trim to the green of St. Patrick’s Day.
BIDEN THEIR TIME IN PENNSYLVANIA
Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, are scheduled to be in Pittston, where the vice president will deliver remarks at the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick Greater Pittston 100th Anniversary at Woodlands Resort. Dr. Biden is making two other appearances earlier in the day.
PHILLY-BRED COMIC DAVID BRENNER DIES AFTER CANCER FIGHT AT 78
Brenner’s friend and publicist says the lanky observational comic died Saturday at his New York City home. Brenner was perhaps best known as a frequent guest host of the “Tonight” show, spelling Johnny Carson more than 150 times in the 1970s and 1980s. Brenner was raised in South Philly and graduated from Temple University.
VILLANOVA, PITT HEADED TO THE DANCE
Villanova is the No. 2 seed in the East Region and will open the tournament Thursday against 15th-seeded Milwaukee. Pitt, which finished strong with two wins in its first Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, is the No. 9 seed in the South Region and will play No. 8 Colorado, also on Thursday.
ROBERT MORRIS EARN INVITATION TO WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT WITH NORTHEASTERN CONFERENCE TOURNEY WIN
The Colonials beat St. Francis (Pa.) 74-68 for an automatic bid to the tournament. Most other teams will learn Monday night if they’ve been selected.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world