- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
College cuts hours to limit health care costs
Question of the Day
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Colorado Mountain College is limiting part-time staff hours to limit health care costs under the new federal health care act.
The school has only 112 full-time faculty members across 11 college campuses in western Colorado, and about 600 part-time professors. However, about two dozen professors will be affected because many classes have not been filled.
Incoming president Carrie Hauser says administrators have been thinking about how to comply with the requirements of the new health care act, which kicks in for employers with more than 100 workers next year. The new law requires that large employers offer insurance to any worker putting in more than 30 hours per week.
According to the Aspen Daily News (http://tinyurl.com/nsyx2as ), adjunct professors were previously limited to an average 33 hours a week.
Information from: Aspen Daily News, http://www.aspendailynews.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world