- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
La-Monroe’s women’s basketball coach retires
Question of the Day
MONROE, La. (AP) - After 19 seasons at the helm of the University of Louisiana at Monroe’s women’s basketball program, coach Mona Martin is retiring.
Martin’s retirement was announced Monday in a university news release. She began coaching at Natchitoches High School in 1976.
Martin’s 19 seasons are the most in Louisiana-Monroe’s program history. She finishes with 263 wins, including 168 wins in the Southland and Sun Belt conferences. During her tenure, 19 players earned All-Conference honors, including Ashleigh Simmons who earned First Team All-Sun Belt honors this season.
Martin was named the Southland Conference’s Coach of the Year in 1998 and 2005.
Director of Athletics Brian Wickstrom thanked Martin for her service, saying she helped position the program to take the next step toward competing for a conference title.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq