- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) - Gaston Fernandez scored in the 79th minute as the Portland Timbers salvaged a 1-1 draw with the Chicago Fire in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
The newly acquired Argentine forward scored a late equalizer for the second straight match. His goal in stoppage time gave the Timbers a 1-1 draw in the season opener against Philadelphia.
Jeff Larentowicz converted a penalty in the 19th minute to put the Fire ahead early.
WHITECAPS 1, CHIVAS USA 1
CARSON, California (AP) - Kekuta Manneh scored in the 81st minute for Vancouver in a 1-1 draw with 10-man Chivas USA.
Erick Torres scored for Chivas in the 45th minute.
Chivas midfielder Agustin Pelletieri was ejected in the 13th minute for a tackle on Vancouver’s Pedro Morales.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq