- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Police: pot and phone use factors in fatal crash
Question of the Day
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) - Police say marijuana and cellphone use may have caused a double fatal crash in Sonoma County.
The California Highway Patrol tells the Santa Rosa Press Democrat (http://bit.ly/1idlhyS ) that the suspect, 30-year-old Nicholas Tognozzi, told officers he was reading a text message just prior to the crash.
Killed were 74-year-old Sharon Hufford and 53-year old Sue Hufford, who were in the back seat of a car stopped at a red light when the speeding pickup hit them.
Sharon’s 74-year-old husband Donald Hufford was seriously injured, and 54-year-old Jay Hufford, the couple’s son, was driving.
The CHP says Tognozzi was determined to be under the influence of pot.
He was arrested on suspicion of two felonies: gross vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence causing death.
Tognozzi was freed after posting bail.
Information from: The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, http://www.pressdemocrat.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq