- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Abrahamson transferring from Northwestern
Question of the Day
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) - Kale Abrahamson, a sophomore forward on the Northwestern men’s basketball team, is transferring.
Coach Chris Collins made the announcement Monday, saying Abrahamson had informed the school of his plans.
Abrahamson said in a statement released by the school that he’s enjoyed his time at Northwestern, but it was time to look “for a better opportunity.”
Abrahamson appeared in all 65 of Northwestern’s games during the last two seasons, including making 28 starts.
He averaged 4.9 points per game as a freshman and scored 3.8 points per game in 2013-14.
Abrahamson contributed 1.8 rebounds and 15.4 minutes per game this past season as a sophomore while ranking second on the team with a .346 three-point field goal percentage.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq