- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
Detroit considers deal on Joe Louis Arena’s future
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - A proposed lease before Detroit City Council would prevent ticketed events from being held at Joe Louis Arena after the Red Wings stop playing at the downtown site.
The Detroit Free Press reports (http://on.freep.com/1fVmJXb ) that council is reviewing terms for the Wings to play at Joe Louis Arena until a new hockey arena is built as early as 2016. Detroit owns Joe Louis Arena, but it would stay dark after the Wings leave until it’s demolished.
The lease is part of a package of agreements to resolve several issues surrounding Joe Louis Arena, including a plan for the state to pay up-front costs for the demolition and a $5.2-million payment for any unpaid bills due the city under the Wings’ previous lease.
The city’s earlier lease expired in 2010.
Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world