- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Elderly woman dies from burns suffered in fire
Question of the Day
BRICK TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - Authorities say an elderly woman has died from severe burns she suffered in a fire at a southern New Jersey senior citizen community.
Authorities say Scarnechia called her daughter, who lives nearby, to say there was a fire in her home. The daughter then sent her two sons to the residence.
When they saw flames coming from the home, one grandson tried to rescue his grandmother while the other called 911. The teen who entered the home suffered undisclosed injuries and was treated at a hospital.
It’s not yet clear what caused the fast-moving fire, which severely damaged four units overall.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world