- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Ga. lawmakers approve $17M for Falcons parking
Question of the Day
ATLANTA (AP) - Lawmakers have approved a plan for taxpayers to borrow $17 million to build a parking deck largely for the new Atlanta Falcons stadium.
The General Assembly approved that as part of a $42.4 billion budget on Tuesday.
It was surprising given that Republican Gov. Nathan Deal and lawmakers have shied away from offering state funding for the NFL stadium because it was considered politically unpopular.
Republican state Sen. Jack Hill says the parking facility on the Georgia World Congress Center Authority’s campus would also serve the College Football Hall of Fame and other events. Democratic Sen. Vincent Fort criticized state authorities for funding a parking deck before restoring cuts to education spending.
The authority originally wanted $35 million for the project. The budget now heads to the governor.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors