- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
NH unemployment rate drops to 4.7 percent
Question of the Day
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The New Hampshire Employment Security office says the state’s unemployment rate for February was 4.7 percent, down from 4.9 percent in January.
In February 2013, the seasonally adjusted rate for New Hampshire was 5.4 percent.
Nationally, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for February was 6.7 percent, an increase of 0.1 percentage point from January, and a decrease of 1 percentage point from the February 2013 rate.
“Today’s announcement is encouraging news that reinforces that our economy is strengthening and that we are out from under the worst burdens of the recession,” Gov. Maggie Hassan said in a statement Tuesday. “New Hampshire’s unemployment rate has already dropped .4 percent in 2014 and is now a full two points below the national average. At the same time, participation in our labor force has continued to increase.”
In New Hampshire, seasonally adjusted estimates for February placed the number of employed residents at 709,440, an increase of 3,210 from the previous month and an increase of 5,840 from February 2013.
The number of unemployed residents decreased by 1,380 to 36,180. This was 4,920 fewer unemployed than in February 2013.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world