- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Eastern Michigan hires officers to boost security
Question of the Day
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) - Eastern Michigan University has hired six police officers as part of a larger plan to boost security following the slayings of two students since late 2012 and other assaults.
The Ypsilanti school said Wednesday that the full-time officers have been sworn in and will undergo four months of training before joining the regular rotation of patrols. They are part of a plan to assist in expanding the force’s off-campus presence.
The hires bring the department’s total number of officers to 36. Four more are expected.
Plans for the changes followed the December 2012 bathtub drowning of student Julia Niswender in her off-campus apartment that was ruled a homicide. Eastern Michigan University football player Demarius Reed was fatally shot in October during a possible robbery at an off-campus apartment building.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors