- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Harrisonburg native Akeem Jordan signs with Redskins
Question of the Day
The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Jordan signed a one-year contract, according to a person familiar with the situation, though financial terms were not disclosed.
Jordan, 28, will provide additional depth and special teams help for the Redskins, who have signed two other inside linebackers – Adam Hayward and Darryl Sharpton – during the free agency period. He had 67 tackles and forced two fumbles in 2013, when he played in all 16 regular-season games, plus the Chiefs‘ lone playoff game, and made 10 starts.
He followed coach Andy Reid to Kansas City from the Philadelphia Eagles, where he played his first six seasons after going undrafted in 2007. An occasional starter with the Eagles, Jordan statistically had his most success in 2009, when he played in 12 games, starting 10, and had 71 tackles and two interceptions.
Jordan, Hayward and Sharpton all figure to compete during the offseason and training camp for the chance to start alongside Perry Riley, who is expected to move from the jack linebacker position to mike linebacker to replace the retiring London Fletcher.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Robert Griffin III has 'fresh mind' in new Redskins regime
- Robert Griffin III, Redskins get training camp underway
- Jason Hatcher, Leonard Hankerson to begin camp on PUP list
- Jay Gruden 'fired up' on eve of first Redskins training camp
- DeSean Jackson, Andre Roberts give Redskins' receiving corps a boost
Latest Blog Entries
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq