- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
Harrisonburg native Akeem Jordan signs with Redskins
Question of the Day
The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Jordan signed a one-year contract, according to a person familiar with the situation, though financial terms were not disclosed.
Jordan, 28, will provide additional depth and special teams help for the Redskins, who have signed two other inside linebackers – Adam Hayward and Darryl Sharpton – during the free agency period. He had 67 tackles and forced two fumbles in 2013, when he played in all 16 regular-season games, plus the Chiefs‘ lone playoff game, and made 10 starts.
He followed coach Andy Reid to Kansas City from the Philadelphia Eagles, where he played his first six seasons after going undrafted in 2007. An occasional starter with the Eagles, Jordan statistically had his most success in 2009, when he played in 12 games, starting 10, and had 71 tackles and two interceptions.
Jordan, Hayward and Sharpton all figure to compete during the offseason and training camp for the chance to start alongside Perry Riley, who is expected to move from the jack linebacker position to mike linebacker to replace the retiring London Fletcher.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Pierre Garcon still day-to-day with hamstring strain
- Robert Griffin III teases return of zone-read option for Redskins
- Leonard Hankerson awaiting return from knee surgery
- GETTING PHYSICAL: Putting on the pads sets tone for day of hitting at Redskins practice
- Pierre Garcon misses portion of practice with hamstring injury
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world