- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
High Texas criminal court will hear Tom DeLay case
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The overturned conviction of former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay will be reviewed by the highest criminal court in Texas.
The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on Wednesday agreed to hear the case after prosecutors in Austin appealed a ruling last fall that threw out a 2010 money laundering conviction against DeLay. No timetable was immediately set.
A jury had found DeLay guilty of illegally funneling corporate money to GOP candidates in Texas legislative races, where corporate money is barred. But in a 2-1 ruling in September, the Texas 3rd Court of Criminal Appeals ruled that prosecutors failed to prove that the money being laundered was illegally obtained.
DeLay had been sentenced to three years in prison, but the punishment had been put on hold pending appeal.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world