- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
MILLER: Obamacare is a Trojan horse for government-run health care starting in 2015
Marco Rubio predicts liberals will push everyone onto single-payer Medicare
Question of the Day
President Obama promised that we could keep our health care plans and our doctors, but he knew that was a lie. He pretended Obamacare was the endgame. That was also false.
Mr. Obama’s objective has always been to entrench the doomed law into our lives so that it would lead to a government takeover of the whole health care system. This maniacal plan is working.
In advance of the March 31 deadline for individuals to enroll, the White House touted this week that 5 million people had signed up for Obamacare.
That sounds somewhat impressive until Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, was unable to answer reporters’ questions about how many of those people had actually paid premiums.
We also don’t know which of these enrollees are among the millions who were insured last year but were dropped from their plans that didn’t measure up the new mandates. Nor do we know how many of those who signed up are the young, healthy people needed to keep the system afloat.
Anyway, Mr. Obama and his cohort in Congress are secretly dancing a jig because the convoluted program was intended to fail. They believe that Uncle Sam makes better health care decisions than Dr. Smith.
“From the very beginning, they wanted a single-payer system of health care,” Sen. Marco Rubio told me on the “Shooting Straight with Emily Miller” radio show. “They obviously didn’t think they could get that far, so they went with Obamacare.”
The Florida Republican said the current trajectory will lead to insurance companies in the exchanges making up their losses from this year with much higher premiums next year, which is when the left will pounce.
“What they want to do is go to the public and say, ‘Look, these exchanges prove these insurance companies are greedy. Thats why it’s unaffordable. That’s why we need the government to be the single health insurance company for the whole country. Let’s put everyone on Medicare,’” Mr. Rubio explained about Mr. Obama’s strategy.
Mr. Rubio, who was elected in the Tea Party wave in 2010, said that when the government takes over, access and quality of health care will plummet and doctors will leave the profession.
The liberals are finding it harder to hide their real agenda. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi released a statement Monday calling the 5 million enrollees “a milestone in an “effort effort to make health care a right, not a privilege, for every American.”
A right? I just re-read my Constitution in case I missed it the first few hundred times, but no, the Founding Fathers did not put anything in there about a God-given right to health insurance. Not even the right to good health.
Mrs. Pelosi called on Republicans to “abandon their ill-advised assault on the health of the middle class.” So far, no one in the GOP has heeded her advice.
Let’s remember that Mrs. Pelosi confessed in October that all along, she actually “would’ve preferred single payer or public option.” She called the health care law she rammed through Congress on party lines “a compromise.”
Keep in mind, Harry Reid spilled in August that Obamacare is just the first step to “work our way past” private health insurance to a government-run health care system. And Barack Obama said a decade ago that he was a “proponent of a single-payer, universal health care program.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Emily Miller is senior editor of opinion for The Washington Times. She is the author of “Emily Gets Her Gun … But Obama Wants to Take Yours” (Regnery 2013). Miller won the 2012 Clark Mollenhoff Award for Investigative Reporting from the Institute on Political Journalism.
- MILLER: Mark Witaschek tax investigation follows D.C. conviction for muzzleloader bullet ammunition
- MILLER: Harry Reid's hypocrisy on 'Equal Pay Day': No women on top leadership staff
- MILLER: Maryland bathroom bill for transgenders is part of LGBT lobby for sex-change rights
- MILLER: Mark Witaschek surrenders to D.C. police 'Gun Offenders Registry'
- MILLER: Michelle Obama has media blackout in China while touting freedom of press
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Steve King
Get Breaking Alerts
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid violent clashes between militias
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama: U.S. should 'embrace an economic patriotism that says we rise or fall together'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine