- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Nonprofit moves warehouse work after roof collapse
Question of the Day
MASON, Mich. (AP) - The nonprofit Volunteers of America plans to move warehouse operations from a Lansing-area center after the roof collapsed at the facility under the weight of snow.
The group’s Executive Vice President Patrick Patterson tells the Lansing State Journal (http://on.lsj.com/1nD51Nb ) that it will take several months to repair the 30,000-square-foot building in Mason. More than half of the facility was damaged when part of the roof collapsed March 12.
Officials estimate the collapse led to $100,000 of damage to supplies.
Volunteers of America’s warehouse operations, including clothing distribution, will be in Lansing while repairs are made at the Mason facility.
Patterson says repairs are expected to take months. The distribution center has eight employees and supplies several Volunteers of America stores.
Information from: Lansing State Journal, http://www.lansingstatejournal.com
TWT Video Picks
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq