- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
North Texas water board approves pipeline deal
Question of the Day
FOPT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A water board in North Texas has approved a nearly $93 million construction contract as part of a pipeline project.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram (http://bit.ly/PPdOge ) reports the Tarrant Regional Water District board on Tuesday approved the agreement with Garney Construction.
The $2.3 billion pipeline is meant to transport water from East Texas. The joint project also involves Dallas Water Utilities.
Garney will build a 15-mile segment of line in Navarro County. That stretch will eventually be part of a 149-mile pipeline to transport more water to Tarrant County from Cedar Creek and Richland-Chambers reservoirs, while also moving water to Dallas from Lake Palestine (PAL’-uhs-teen).
Experts say the first portion of the project is expected to be completed by 2018.
Information from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, http://www.star-telegram.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors