- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Obama to pitch health care in first ‘Ellen’ appearance as president
Question of the Day
President Obama may break out his dance moves Thursday for his very first appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” since he was elected.
The interview comes after the president interviewed with comedian Zack Galifianakis and radio host Ryan Seacrest last week in an effort to pitch Obamacare to young people.
Mr. Obama will appear on Thursday’s show via a live shot from the White House, an “Ellen” publicist announced Wednesday.
He is expected to urge people without health insurance to sign up for coverage before the March 31 deadline.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Killer's sentencing overturned because mother couldn't find seat in courtroom
- Hundreds gather at Lincoln Memorial to honor Korean War veterans
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Manchester United delights FedEx Field crowd with shootout win over Inter Milan
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world