- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
1 killed in Ala. crash following police pursuit
Question of the Day
TARRANT, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a teenage girl was killed in a car crash in Tarrant that left the driver of the vehicle with two broken legs.
Deputy Jefferson County Coroner Bill Yates tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/1pPNArj ) that 18-year-old Natasha Renee Osby of Pinson was killed when the car she was riding in hit a tree after a brief police pursuit through Tarrant on Friday.
Authorities say Osby was a passenger in the car and the driver was taken to the University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital for treatment. The driver’s identity hasn’t been released.
Information on what led to the pursuit wasn’t immediately available.
Tarrant is just north of Birmingham.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- FIELDS: A tale of a boy, a Bible and a gun
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq