- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
1 killed in Ala. crash following police pursuit
Question of the Day
TARRANT, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say a teenage girl was killed in a car crash in Tarrant that left the driver of the vehicle with two broken legs.
Deputy Jefferson County Coroner Bill Yates tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/1pPNArj ) that 18-year-old Natasha Renee Osby of Pinson was killed when the car she was riding in hit a tree after a brief police pursuit through Tarrant on Friday.
Authorities say Osby was a passenger in the car and the driver was taken to the University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital for treatment. The driver’s identity hasn’t been released.
Information on what led to the pursuit wasn’t immediately available.
Tarrant is just north of Birmingham.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world