- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
Umipig, Seattle edge past Idaho 76-68
Question of the Day
SEATTLE (AP) - Isiah Umipig scored a career-high 36 points, including eight 3-pointers, to lead Seattle to a 76-68 victory over Idaho after a back-and-forth battle during Senior Night on Saturday.
Umipig shot 12 of 22 from the floor, and scored all of the Redhawks 3-pointers. D'Vonne Pickett Jr. was the only other Seattle player to score in double digits, finishing with 15 points and six assists.
Connor Hill hit a jumper to give Idaho (12-17, 5-9 Western Athletic Conference) its largest lead of the second half, six points, with 17:29 to go. Seattle (13-14, 5-9) edged back into the lead and went ahead by four, 57-53, with 8:20 remaining. A 9-3 run put the Redhawks ahead by six with 6:17 left to play. Umipig and Pickett combined to score Seattle’s final 14 points.
Idaho shot 52.4 percent from the floor, and Hill and Stephen Madison led the Vandals with 18 points apiece.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq