- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Katie Holmes and Jeanne Yang close fashion line
Question of the Day
“It’s a 5-year-old business that they always knew was going to end,” Leslie Sloane-Zelnick, a publicist for the actress, said Thursday.
There was no formal announcement but word first circulated about a month ago.
“They still remain good friends,” Sloane-Zelnick said. “The timing was due to the fact that they have other projects in their lives right now and they live on separate coasts. And this is what they always planned.”
Last September, the two were on hand at New York Fashion Week, presenting only 14 spring looks in a Chelsea gallery, but they didn’t show at fashion week last month.
Holmes was on hand in New York in February to attend Donna Karan’s anniversary show.
Holmes and Yang described the fashion mix they offered last fall as “wearable elegance,” including a black silk V-neck gown with leather piping and a khaki camp-style shirtdress with a lace-up V at the neck. There was a bralette paired with a tie-front blazer and men’s-style trousers.
Nowadays, Yang is busy “styling major people in LA,” the publicist said, and Holmes is in a movie about a school teacher, “Miss Meadows,” that will premiere next month at the 13th annual Tribeca Film Festival. In addition, the “Dawson’s Creek” actress plans a return to TV in a starring role, in an ABC pilot for a drama about a New York City socialite.
TWT Video Picks
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world