- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Israel defense can’t be solely technological
Question of the Day
“Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel” (Web, March 12) reported that of the “20 rockets” fired from Gaza into Israel on March 12, eight rockets struck populated areas while three that would have hit populated areas were intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system.
While it is wonderful to be able to intercept any missiles, and all Israelis are grateful to the United States for its financial assistance in developing Iron Dome, the fact that Iron Dome was unable to stop eight of the 11 rockets heading toward populated areas underscores the hazards of relying too heavily on technology to stop terrorists.
According to recent news reports, the Obama administration has been trying to coax Israel into withdrawing from the strategically important Jordan Valley by promising that the region “would be fortified with high-tech fences, electronic senors and unmanned drones, to protect Israel from attacks.” Fences, sensors and drones cannot fully protect Israel any more than Iron Dome can. It’s no wonder most Israelis are convinced that in the end, the presence of Israeli troops is their best protection against hostile forces.
Religious Zionists of AmericA
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border