- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Napa worker allegedly steals $400,000 in wine
Question of the Day
NAPA, Calif. (AP) - A Northern California man has been arrested on suspicion of stealing $400,000 worth of wine from the temperature-controlled warehouse where he worked.
Police investigated the theft as an inside job after about 350 cases of wine - or 4,200 bottles - went missing last week from the American Canyon warehouse in Napa County.
At least 55 cases were eventually found at a Solano County barn. Clues from there led investigators to Pina’s Vacaville apartment. There they found more of the stolen wine and $73,150 that they believe came from black-market wine sales.
Pina was booked into county jail on suspicion of grand theft, possession of stolen property and burglary.
Authorities say the warehouse stored bottles from several different area wineries.
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq