- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
NFL tells Steelers they won’t lose draft pick
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this year's draft for coach Mike Tomlin's foray onto the field against Baltimore last November.
Tomlin was fined $100,000 for stepping onto the field during a lengthy kickoff return by Baltimore's Jacoby Jones during a loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night. The league said at the time of the penalty it would consider taking away a pick in May's draft once the draft order was established.
The Steelers finished 8-8 and narrowly missed the postseason, leaving the team with the 15th pick in the first round of the draft.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq