- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Expert on child nutrition speaks on healthy eating
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A Baylor University professor of pediatrics and expert on child nutrition is scheduled to speak at the University of South Carolina on improving kids' health and wellbeing.
The school says Dr. Tom Baranowski is set to lecture on Friday as part of an Arnold School of Public Health gathering on improving the health of children and adults.
The symposium runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
It is titled, "Healthy Eating in Context: Communicating for Change and Sustainability."
Stensland says the goal of the meeting is bringing diverse communities together to bolster nutrition and physical activity of children and adults, and use technology toward that goal.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world