- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
New HQ building at Fairchild Air Force Base
Question of the Day
The two-story brick structure replaces a wood-frame building built during World War II and known as The White House.
The Spokesman-Review reports (http://bit.ly/1hMSC1X ) the old headquarters will be torn down and the site used as a parade ground.
Sen. Patty Murray spoke at Thursday’s ribbon-cutting and said the $14 million building wasn’t built for a base that’s going to fade away. The senator is working to bring the new KC-46A tankers to Fairchild.
The new headquarters houses offices for the 92nd Air Refueling Wing and the Washington Air National Guard 141st Air Refueling Wing.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq